Policies & Procedures
PICK UP POLICY
Orders may be picked up at Bonne Vie Macaron's Youngsville location, which is 109 Laurel Grove Blvd., Youngsville, LA 70592. The shop is a home-based business and is not open for walk-ins.
Pick up times are before 11 AM and after 4 PM daily. Each specific pick up time is scheduled at the time of order.
If your order has not been picked up by 11 AM, and no notice was given to Bonne Vie Macarons, we will automatically reschedule your order's pick up for 4 PM that evening.
Special orders (Highly Decorated Tarts, custom macarons, etc.) that are not picked up will not be refunded.
Can't make it to Youngsville for your celebration dessert pick up? No problem! We deliver too!
A delivery fee of $10.00 is charged for all deliveries to the Lafayette Parish area. No deliveries can be scheduled for those outside of the Lafayette Parish area at this time.
Deliveries that cannot be made due to incorrect customer information or availability will be returned to Bonne Vie Macarons and stored until other arrangements can be made. Additional delivery will required an additional delivery charge.
Because of the nature of our business and our quality and freshness assurance, we will dispose of any macaron, cupcake, baked item that is not picked up or delivered within 24 hours after the due time and will not be refunded.
Bonne Vie Macarons accepts cash, check, and debit payment. Our current debit processing company is Square, and while no sign up is required, only debit transactions are accepted at this time.
For orders smaller than $100.00: Payment is due upon confirmation of order unless other payment arrangements have been agreed upon between customer and Bonne Vie Macarons. Your order is not confirmed and your date is still available to other customers until the payment arrangement is complete.
For larger orders ($100+): a nonrefundable 25% of your overall payment is due immediately to hold your date and time. The 75% (the remaining balance) is due the week of your order pick up or delivery.
HOLIDAY RUSH ORDERS
Alongside taking many orders in advance, we also like to spend time with our own families during the holidays! Please see below for our holiday rush order policies.
- In the case of orders placed near national holidays and less than a week prior to the holiday date, Bonne Vie Macarons reserves the right to incur a “Rush Order” fee of $25 or 25% of the total order price, whichever is greater.
- Our services are available on a first come, first served basis. Rush orders are to be accepted at the sole discretion of Bonne Vie Macarons.
Changes to your order (size, decor, flavors, etc.) will be accepted until 1 week prior to the event date. After that lockout date we are unable to accept any further alterations.
- While Bonne Vie Macarons makes every effort to provide exactly the flavor, filling, decoration, size, color, shape, and design discussed during consultations, creating macarons and other desserts is an art form and may be subject to variations.
- Color matching is not a precise science and different sugar substrates take color differently. Bonne Vie Macarons will do everything possible to match provided color swatches, but sometimes it is not possible to make a 100% perfect color match. Some colors are just not achievable using food grade dyes.
- Bonne Vie Macarons cannot match a “verbal” color or a color sent via electronic device, as all monitors display color differently. To attempt a color match, you must provide a color swatch at least 1 week in advance of the event.
- To maintain stability and the integrity of your event cake, Bonne Vie Macarons reserves the right to make design and structural changes to your cake on site or off, without prior notification.
We understand that plans can change and we will gladly assist you in making changes to your order date and time whenever possible. However, if a new date is not selected and confirmed by at least 1 week prior to your original date, our cancellation policy will apply. We accept weekday cancellations by email prior to 2:00 pm, 3 business days before your event. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if insufficient time is given due to costs incurred in the purchase, priority and preparation of the order.
Charges for cancellations after the above time will be as follows:
- 25% of the entire order will be charged for cancellations 48 hours prior to the event/scheduled date
- 100% of the entire order will be charged for canceling with notice fewer than 48 hours to the event/scheduled date
- It is entirely up to our discretion, to change or otherwise offer any other options to the customer
- Due to the perishable nature of our products, Bonne Vie Macarons does not accept returns.
- Under certain circumstances, and on a case-by-case basis, Bonne Vie Macarons will offer a credit or re-order.
ALLERGENS AND INGREDIENTS
- Bonne Vie Macarons is a home-based bakery, functioning under the Louisiana Food Cottage Law. Baked goods are made on site, not in a secondary, licensed facility.
- We only use ingredients of the utmost quality, make all of our products and treats completely from scratch, and hand-pipe all macarons.
- Bonne Vie Macarons processes known allergens such as tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, dairy, corn, gluten, and eggs. All of Bonne Vie Macarons' macarons and tarts are made with almond flour and some macarons contain nuts. Nuts are not part of every recipe but trace amounts of nuts or nut oils can be in any of our products. We recommend those with nut allergies refrain from eating our products. In signing this contract, you agree to notify guests of allergen risks and hold us harmless for any allergic reaction.
- In accordance with federal law, ingredient lists are available upon request.
PHOTOGRAPHY OF YOUR DESSERTS
- Bonne Vie Macarons reserves the right to take and use photographs of your macarons and desserts, before, during and after packaging. If a delivery takes place, BVM reserves the right to take and use photographs of your desserts before, during, and after set up, including scenic photos of the event location, to use for marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes without compensation to you.
- While BVM reserves the right to post photographs/ images of any of our work on our website and other social media sites, an exception is made of images showing the faces of customers without their prior written permission.
Bonne Vie Macarons can be reached Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM CST, at (337) 349-0493, or you may contact us with any order inquiries. We will make every effort to make sure that you have enjoyed your Bonne Vie Macarons experience.